I make a template using lexan to get the profile of the nose from the good right side. ◄ Back Next ► Picture 1 of 14
Lee Fjellanger dropped off his Diasio for a little front end fiberglass repair ◄ Back Next ► Picture 1 of 29
[Show as slideshow]
IMG_7767 ◄ Back Next ► Picture 1 of 29
5mm Kevlar for the body sides per the GCR's ◄ Back Next ► Picture 1 of 17
brake-up-rear ◄ Back Next ► Picture 1 of 11
I reinstall the front beam and rear suspension, click here to go to the new page.
Go to this page to see the overhaul progress on the Formula Vee.
Before: After – below
I installed new fuel tank access plates with feed tubes and fuel return fittings in both tanks of the Monk. This allows me to plug the old fuel feed fittings located at the bottom of the tanks which is not good if those fittings leak or fail and fill the bilge with fuel. Now I […]
We spend a couple of weekends installing new cedar siding on the Monk’s interior walls. We put down some new carpet, install some mahogany trim and re-install the Red Dot cabin heater. Above – the old interior before the new helm station, new steering, new carpet and new cedar siding. Western Red Cedar, ripped to […]
Above – Out with the old and in with the new, below: Above – the original configuration of the helm as it looked when we bought the Stormbird. It was a mish-mash of items collected together loosely in one place. The large Johnson bar that controlled the transmission was an obstruction across the entire work […]
When I installed the new engine, the existing steering system that consisted of, among other things, rusted galvanized plumbing pipes that needed to move out of the way. The old Crown allowed the old steering pipes to pass underneath it. The new engine sits much lower in the bilge, so the pipes had to be […]
With the new Yanmar turbodiesel in and running well, it’s time to rebuild the engine compartment. I have to make it smaller to to accommodate the shorter length of the Yanmar. This will give us more cabin room. I also have to install some 2″ thick Soundown brand soundproofing material to quiet down the high-revving […]
The 1942 Chrysler Crown Marine M7 flathead six cylinder gasoline engine installed in our 1947 30′ Monk design displacement cruiser decided to disconnect it’s number two piston connecting rod from the crankshaft journal recently and now it’s time to remove it. I decided not to repair it because I wanted a diesel for reliability, more […]